Monday, February 23, 2015

Another "New Beginning...."

Hello all!

I have missed doing a blog and thought there was no better time to jump back in than now.  Last year, at this same time, I had determined that I was going to begin a new path of having a healthier lifestyle.  I worked hard and lost over 20 pounds in 3 months.  I was pumped!  I was just beginning to see the results and was feeling great. My joints hurt less, my clothes were getting too big, I felt like I was really finding my ground. 

But then.... around mid-July, I begin to go through a difficult season with depression. Some said it was a delayed depression in dealing with Curtis' death in 2011, but whatever it was, it really set me back.  I caved and gave back in to the emotional eating that had previously comforted me with a false comfort.  The pounds that I had lost begin to find their way back home, 1 pound, 2 pounds.. by the end of 2014 I was back at my starting point. 

Today, I am +5 more than my starting point last year.  The struggle is real. It has been a daily struggle, with emotional eating becoming a chain weighing me down in more ways than one.  With the depression being another chain and just feeling like I was covered with a huge, wet, wool blanket.  Then in October, I began having chronic headaches and in December began trying to get to the root of this new medical problem. My doctor has gradually taken me through a series of process of elimination and has determined that there is nothing serious that we need to address.  I don't mind saying, I had been on medicine for the depression and had found that one of the side effects was headaches.  So we began the process of coming off that medication.  I had felt God speak to me last month that I would make it a goal to be medication free this year.  Little did I know it was going to come so quickly. So now, with the medication out of my system and my headaches beginning to diminish in frequency (going from 5 per week, till this past week only having 2) I have determined that I am going to go back to my healthy lifestyle goals from last year. 

I have decided to do this again. I have a motivational video on my facebook wall that is from Elevation Church that has helped me very much, and I have been talking to myself. "Do it Again by Steven Furtick"

Yes, you have to talk to yourself.  You have to remind yourself of the goal that is before you.  I have become a slave again to food and it is time for the chains to be broken once and for all.  So I tell myself that I have done this before and I can do this again. I am determined no matter how many times I fall, to get back up and live again. March 1 is the starting point. 

Join me as I chronicle this journey in my blogs.  For those of you who have read my previous blogs, you will hear my heart and see the struggle. 

Thank you for taking the time to read!  
For those who would like to read my previous blog, you can visit at New Kind of Normal




Renae


1 comment: